- 1 Pound of Stew Beef
- 1 Package McCormick's Stew Beef Seasoning, (found in the gravy and seasoning packette section at the grocery store).
- 16 oz. package of frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix
- Enough all purpose flour to coat stew beef in
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a chopped onion
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes (if you don't have your own favorite mashed potatoe recipe mine is in the sidebar of the blog)
When the meat has cooked long enough to become tender, you are ready to layer your meal. Put the mashed potatoes on the plate first, then the broccoli/cauliflower, then the stew beef and gravy.
This is a delicious combination of foods and so easy too. My family loves it. My oldest son came up with the name of this recipe "Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli Beef Mountain" I thought it was a great name! It feeds about 5-6 people. Now enjoy!
Edited: As a variation in flavor for the recipe, you can use 2 packages of McCormick's Mushroom Gravy instead of the Stew Beef Seasoning Package and use the amount of water stated on the gravy package directions, you can add more water as needed as it cooks, and if it gets too thick. Add water as needed for desired gray thickness.