You Will Need:
- 8 corn tortillas (taco size)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz. drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack Mexican mixed cheese
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tsp. oil plus a little more for rubbing on the corn tortillas
- homemade guacamole dip (for this you will need 1 ripe avocado mashed and creamed and sprinkle of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste)
- tortilla chips to eat with the guacamole dip
Heat rinsed drained beans in a small pot with some water, bring to a boil, then drain water from beans. In a bowl, combine beans and picante sauce. Rub oil onto each side of the corn tortillas, heat 1 tsp. oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat, add one corn tortilla to the skillet cook 20 seconds or so on each side, sprinkle tortilla with cheese, then add bean mixture to the center of it, top with shredded cheese and top with another corn tortilla (like a sandwich), mash with a spatula. Use a spatula to carefully flip the corn tortilla, to brown the other side of it. Cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
Makes 4 Quesadillas
Eat with homemade guacamole dip with tortilla chips, chips and salsa or both and some Mexican rice! You can even add some of the homemade guacamole to the top of your quesadilla if you'd like to.