Pumpkin Pie (Mild Flavor)


I like pumpkin pie, but many recipes I've tasted are just too overpowering for me, this recipe has a wonderful combination of spices, and a milder flavor. Sorry, I forgot to get my photo until after I put this in the refrigerator, so the wet look is on top of my pie, but I still wanted to have this recipe cataloged here. I didn't remember to get a photo of the sliced pie either....'tis the season!

You Will Need:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin (I use canned) 
  • 3/4 cup sugar 
  • 1 Tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 /4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • frozen pie shell (thawed) 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Mix sugar and flour, then add milk and pumpkin, spice and vanilla, add beaten eggs last, pour in unbaked pie shell. Place pie onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate.

Top sliced pie with whipped topping, if desired.

Tip: When placing it into the oven be very careful to hold it steady, the pie filling will be very soupy and can easily slosh out. Also, don't forget to reduce the oven temperature after 10 minutes. 

Enjoy!