5/11/2024

Healthy Low Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (Milkshake)

 


For This Recipe You Will Need:

  • 4 Heaping Tablespoons of Fat Free Plain Yogurt (or Plain Greek Yogurt) 
  • 2 Heaping teaspoons of Natural Peanut Butter (I Use Richard's Natural Peanut Butter)
  • 2 Heaping teaspoons Cocoa Powder (I use Nestle)
  • 2/3 Cup 1% Milk (you can add more milk if needed for desired consistency)
  • 1 Ripe Banana Fresh (for sweetness)  Note: if you want this drink to be a thicker consistency and colder and more like a milkshake, you can use a frozen banana, though I haven't tried it with store bought frozen bananas. We always freeze our extra ripe bananas in a freezer bag ourselves, and we have them on hand for these smoothies. I've used our frozen ones, and fresh ones before, and it's great to me either way. It's just colder and thicker with frozen bananas. 
  • 5 Ice Cubes or more depending on preference or if using fresh banana
Note: I just use teaspoons and tablespoons out of my kitchen drawer for measuring

Blend all of the ingredients in a Nutra Bullet Blender (I've not tried to make this in a regular blender, but I'm sure you could, and it would work great). 

Makes 2 Servings

You can drink this for a pick me up snack in the afternoon, or for a breakfast meal replacement. This is very filling and delicious. 

Enjoy!