Pages

1/04/2009

Baked Beans and Easy Oven Baked BBQ Chicken


For the baked beans you will need: 

  • 2 cans of pork & beans, 
  • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 
  • 1/4 of a small onion chopped, 
  • about 1/4 cup ketchup, 
  • dash of worcestershire sauce 
  • 3 slices of smoked bacon for the top 
  • a few slices of green bell pepper

I do usually add a few thin slices of bell pepper, 
 but I didn't have any this time.....if you have it add it....it makes these beans taste extra good........
Spray a 8 1/2" x 12 " glass casserole dish with Organic Pam and mix all of the ingredients together.......

Top with the slices of bacon and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.......


It will look like this above when it is done.....

Grandma C. taught me how to make her baked beans when I was a teenager. I remember her letting me help her a lot in the kitchen and she was always so patient while teaching me all about kitchen stuff. She made everything seem so easy, she always used simple ingredients and rarely even used measuring cups. I cherish those times spent in her kitchen and think back with a smile. 

***********************



For the chicken, I buy an already cut up chicken, (I wash it) and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides and then smother it with about 3/4 of a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Bar-B-Q Sauce in a 14"x 10" glass casserole dish that's been sprayed with Organic Pam......



Cover it with foil and cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, then remove the foil and cook it for another 15 minutes uncovered.......


It turns out so tender and delicious and it looks like this when it is done. Besides being delicious....what I really love about this meal...... is that the chicken and the beans cook at the same time.... which leaves me a with a little bit of free time, while my oven does the work.......


Serve with onion rings or french fries and you have yourself an easy meal that doesn't take a whole lot of effort. If you remember to spray your casserole dishes before hand...clean-up will be a snap too......

Enjoy!