Pages

11/03/2011

Fast and Easy Baked Ham Steak with Pineapples


This is an easy meat to serve if you are in the mood for some baked ham, but you don't want buy a big ham. It tastes good and it is inexpensive. I do buy the big spiral hams during the holidays and for times when I am having a lot of company over, but this little Ham Steak is great for any day of the year, especially if it's for serving a couple or a small family of 3 or 4.


I personally like this Country Ribbon brand, because it's boneless, but Cook's Brand, and Sam's Club Brand is also good.

All you do is line a baking sheet with foil and put the ham steak on it, pour the juices from the Ham on the pan too, (If you buy a bone in the Ham Steak such as Cook's Brand, I'd wash the Ham Steak first before cooking it, because with that brand, I've noticed that it has a gritty feel to it due to the bone being cut)  and pour a can of diced pineapples over the top...Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes....that's it.

I like to serve it with dried lima beans and fried cornbread (recipes for these are in the sidebar of this blog) and I also like a baked sweet potatoe. By the way, for beginners on cooking I'd like to mention that Baking a sweet potatoe is simple too, just wash it good and rub olive oil on the outside of it, bake it on a foil lined baking sheet for 400 degrees for 1 hour or a little longer...until tender.

Enjoy!

No comments: