Potato Salad

You will need:
  • 6 Potatoes... peeled, washed and diced  into small cubes and cooked until tender. (I use 1 potato for each person that I'll be serving, then I usually add one more just for good measure) To cook the potatoes, I put the diced potatoes in a large saucepan, cover them with water, and add 1 tsp. Salt, bring them to a boil, on medium-high heat, and boil them uncovered for 12 minutes or until fork tender.
  • 3 Boiled Eggs..... cooked, peeled and diced (To cook the eggs, I put eggs in a medium saucepan, cover them with cold water, bring the eggs to a boil on medium-high heat and then boil them on medium high heat, timing them for 12 minutes. After they are done, I put the pan in the sink and run cold water over them for a couple of minutes. I immediately peel the eggs while they are still a little warm, so that the peeling doesn't stick to the eggs. NOTE: To save time....If you have a big enough saucepan, you can cook the boiled eggs together with the diced potatoes, just make sure to put the potatoes and water in the saucepan first, then carefully add the eggs so you don't crack the eggs, and be sure you have enough water to cover it all.
  • 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
  • 1/4 of a yellow onion, chopped into tiny pieces
  • 1/4 tsp. yellow mustard, you can add a little more to taste
  • Sprinkled Black Pepper to Taste
  • Seasoned Salt to Taste
  • Mayonnaise, you'll use about 3-5 Heaping Tablespoons of mayo, just add the mayo until it is the desired consistency and creaminess that you like.
Mix all of the ingredients above in a large bowl, adding black pepper and seasoned salt to taste.

Serve with Barbecue and Baked Beans 

Enjoy!

This post is dedicated to my sweet Grandma C. I used to love to get in the kitchen with her as a teenager, she made everything so easy. She would let me help her and taught me so much about cooking. She's the one who taught me to make this potato salad,when I was 18 years old.