Simple Healthy Salad

 


You Will Need: 

  • organic spring mix salad greens
  • desired amount of grated carrots or other veggies you'd like
  • sprinkle of salt, garlic powder, dried oregano leaves, dried dill weed, dried chives, dried basil leaves, dried thyme leaves, experiment with the amounts based on your taste, (if you have fresh herbs, you can certainly use them too)
  • a side of low fat cottage cheese (I use 1% milk fat) 
  • drizzled avocado oil (desired amount)

Place greens in a bowl, top with grated carrots and any other veggies you'd like, sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and desired herbs, put cottage cheese on the side and top with desired drizzled amount of avocado oil, top with bread crumbs. (for a homemade recipe of bread crumbs, see the post below this one, or look in the recipe index on the side bar of this website. You may have to click view web version of this website at the bottom of the page to find it, if you are viewing this website from a phone). 

A couple of months ago, I decided to stop using store bought salad dressing on my salad, and now I prefer my salad with the avocado oil and herbs mixture now. It's very fresh and tasty, and I feel I've cut down on some of the preservatives in my diet eating it this way. 

Enjoy!